[Techtalk] Hypermail problems.

Magni Onsoien magnio+lc-techtalk at pvv.ntnu.no
Sat Sep 22 13:10:38 EST 2001

I have a couple of mailing list archieves archieves via Hypermail.
One of them works like a charm, the other one isn't archives even though
the appropriate .qmail is identical (except the listname) to the working
one, as are the .hmrc-config files (again, the difference is the list
names).

There is only one difference: in the non-working one I try to make an
archieve pr month, with "folder_by_date = %Y-%m" in the .hmrc-file for
the list, plus some options for index. Except for plain setup with names
of links etc, I have
  monthly_index = 1
  yearly_index = 1
  folder_by_date = %Y-%m
set for the non-working list.

The permissions on files/directories are correct, and I use full paths
to all programs and files.

Both lists works as they should when I run the commands from .qmail
manually, both when feeding one message via stdin and when using a whole
mailbox. X-No-Archive is set to No.

I use qmail as my MTA, and I don't see see any errors in the logs.

So, what I am wondering about now, is  whether someone has any clue
about what might be wrong. It's probably very obvious, since I have
removed (I think) all the usual errors like writeable files/directories,
wrong path etc etc.

TIA,
Magni :)
--