[Techtalk] The Candle Lighting email and an email shutdown

Kai MacTane kmactane at GothPunk.com
Sat Sep 15 12:09:29 EST 2001

At 9/15/01 12:58 AM , Annette M. Stroud wrote:
>Reply and reply all ought to be far from each other.  Ditto send and cancel.
>And a warning should pop up if reply all is selected.  Many embarrassments
>have been caused by the reply all.

Actually, I think that in this case, the person probably *intended* to
press "Reply to All". After all, if person A could send their
candle-lighting email to the whole company, then why shouldn't person B
feel that hir response is any less legitimate to send to everyone?

I suppose the solution here is to get a seriously overpowered email server,
one that can handle each user sending an email to all users, every five
minutes. Ouch!

                                                 --Kai MacTane
"No sound to break, no moment clear
  When all the doubts are crystal clear;