[Techtalk] Relational databases?

Kath kath at kathweb.net
Thu Sep 6 17:10:01 EST 2001

What is it exactly?  I think I understand the concept, but I'm not sure.

Is it like an actual symlink or is it more like "Okay, we have a product id for this product, and we will use it through out our database here in our products table, here in our customer shipping table, here in our orders from supplier table and here in the user's shopping cart"?

Is there a specific command you use in MySQL to make something relational or is it just an idea or practice?

- k