[Techtalk] SCSI drives on Linux?

wny-tc at juno.com wny-tc at juno.com
Tue Sep 4 19:38:07 EST 2001

Hi.  Keith here in the Depths of the Great Bergen Swamp.

I picked up a drive that I thought (from the jumper diagram) was a 1 GB
EIDE, but discovered that it is a 1 GB SCSI.  It's a Quantum Fireball 3.5
and it is presently formatted for Mac OS 8.9 according to my brother John
(the family's Mac Addict!)

1 - Can I use this eventually on a Linux machine?

2 - Is it big enough to use for the boot drive with a larger EIDE drive
for storage and the like?

3 - If the answer is "No" to the above, what is the beast worth?  I
posted it for sale on another list I frequent and received no replies as
of yet (4 days)

Just curious and all that...

73, Wm. Keith Hibbert, WB2VUO, Technical  Coordinator, WNY Section, ARRL
ARRL Life Member, President/Brockport Amateur Radio Klub
Ph - 716.494.1239
mailto:wb2vuo at arrl.net
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.