[Techtalk] Buying a machine without Windows

jenn at simegen.com jenn at simegen.com
Tue Oct 30 08:41:22 EST 2001

Akkana wrote:

> That's a good point.  I'd love to hear people's experience with
> the newest AMD processors for Linux.

I don't know about 'the newest', but the LinuxChix server runs on one
of our used-to-be-a-desktop AMD cpus, and so does our print server,
and all of our desktops are AMD....

We've had nil problems with them, and have been using them since
the first Pentiums came out.

> (It was also a bit freaky that the pins on the new CPU didn't fit the
> socket, and I had to bend them quite a bit before I could drop it in.
> Is that normal?)

That's a take-it-back-to-the-store problem. One I've never had.

Jenn V.

jenn at simegen.com     Jenn Vesperman     http://www.simegen.com/~jenn/