[Techtalk] RH 7.2/KDE

Raven Brooke trinity at whoppo.net
Mon Oct 29 13:21:37 EST 2001

Thanks for your speedy response  : )

I did actually go out to kde.org and get a fresh new batch of the
packages, then rpm -Uvh --force'd them. Same as before. It does seem very
odd that new packages, a fresh install and good hardware should not work
on just this one machine . . . I am almost wondering if it could be an
issue with the chipset on the motherboard? Is there a way to change the
windowmanager for KDE perhaps? That is where KDE seems to bail every time,
maybe using something other than the default one would help?

In the pine config, I see where to change "personal name" (the part before
the username) and "domain" (the part after the @) but I don't see a value
for the actual usename that goes between them.