[Techtalk] Buying a machine without Windows

Ellie ellie at mn.rr.com
Mon Oct 29 00:10:33 EST 2001

Hi.  Before I invested in a computer with a P4, I would make sure that the other parts were of comparable quality.  A lot of vendors choose to include inferior RAM and video to keep costs down while advertising the speed of the CPU.  (What good is a fast processor if the other components can't keep up with it?)  Athlon processors are a better value in my opinion.  I am sorry that I can't give you more direct feedback on what exactly to buy, but I would watch out for inferior parts passed off in the name of the CPU.

Ellie