[Techtalk] webmin

Walt pippin at fred.net
Thu Oct 25 21:04:07 EST 2001

I used it quite a bit when I first started w/
Linux -- not so much now that I'm mostly
setup.

I think it's really cool, personally. It has
some advantages over linuxconf and AFAICR,
there is very little to configure about it.

The latest version that I had used links out to
SWAT for samba configuration, in case you
don't like the samba module it comes with.

I would highly recommend it. Although, before
I felt "secure" with my firewall config, I would
disable it between uses.

Walt

At 08:04 PM 10/25/01 -0400, you wrote:
>has anyone used webmin at all? difficult to configure? good program? any
>thoughts, opinions?

-~

     The most savage controversies are those about matters as to
     which there is no good evidence either way.
                         Bertrand Russell