[Techtalk] procmail & mutt

Mary Gardiner linuxchix at puzzling.org
Mon Oct 15 14:06:34 EST 2001

On Sun, Oct 14, 2001 at 08:35:37PM -0700, wildgrass wrote:
> >In order for procmail to work, your incoming mail must be filtered
> >though the procmail executable. If anything, this step is the one that
> >is probably skipping procmail.
>
> You are right on target.  Things started working after I configured
> fetchmail.
> Thanks!

The general opinion on mutt seems to be:
 * a fantastic mailer, provided you like to use text-based clients
 * a terrible mailer for dealing with IMAPed mailboxes directly, use
   fetchmail instead.

Incidently, since you're using Maildir (I think), there is a program
called isync that will keep two copies of your mail folders in sync with
each other - if you ever want to maintain two copies of all your email
on separate computers.

-Mary.

--
Mary Gardiner