[Techtalk] DHCPD Question

Raven, corporate courtesan raven at oneeyedcrow.net
Thu Oct 11 14:39:53 EST 2001

Heya --

Quoth Kath (Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 01:44:49PM -0400):
> A router is used because they are different buildings (Have to connect over
> the leased line).

	You know you can configure a Cisco router to act like a DHCP server,
don't you?  You might save yourself some hassle there.  All you have to
do is give it the pool of IPs to hand out.  I can look up the exact
commands if you like.  That might save you some money.

	I'm also fairly sure you could actually do some clever VLAN
voodoo somewhere, but I'm so rusty on LAN stuff that I couldn't tell you
how off the top of my head.  These days, I mostly route and rarely
switch.  [grin]

Cheers,
Raven

"Well, which is the Muse of coding?"
"Raven.  Also known as the Bitchy."
 -- Tessa and RavenBlack, on inspired arts