[Techtalk] Fortran? (was Re: US Participants)

Kai MacTane kmactane at GothPunk.com
Mon Oct 8 13:16:25 EST 2001

At 10/8/01 12:39 PM , Sean McAfee wrote:
>Kai MacTane <kmactane at GothPunk.com> wrote:
> >Just out of curiosity, is Fortran really being used much anymore? I thought
> >it was essentially dead.
>
>According to O'Reilly's "High Performance Computing", one reason why
>Fortran is still widely used because it is more optimizable than more
>modern languages.
[etc.]

Cool. That's interesting to know. Thanks, everyone, for filling me in on
the current use of Fortran.

                                                 --Kai MacTane
"When nothing's sacred any more,
  When the demon's knocking on your door,
  You're still staring down at the floor."
                                                 --The Chameleons UK,
                                                  "Swamp Thing"