[Techtalk] [off-topic] Female hackers?

Raven, corporate courtesan raven at oneeyedcrow.net
Mon Oct 8 13:41:48 EST 2001

Heya --

	Off topic, I know.  My apologies -- but this is the best source
of female technical talent I could think of.

	After my speech at DefCon 9, I was interviewed by several
reporters, including one from the San Jose Mercury-News.  She's doing
an article on female programmers and hackers, and asked me if I knew any
women that considered themselves hackers, in either the "interested in
systems/programmer" Jargon File sense, or in the "script kiddie, haha, I
own3d joo" sense.  Any of the former that would like to talk to the
press and represent female coders, please drop me an e-mail at
raven at oneeyedcrow.net -- thanks.

Cheers,
Raven

"Hey, do you know how to kill people?  I've been experimenting with
 Louis, and I can't seem to get it right."
 -- me to Smitty, regarding the kill function on the mush.  Only
    later did I realize how that must have sounded.