[Techtalk] Rescue Question

James james at james-web.net
Fri Nov 30 20:01:33 EST 2001

Situation:

We had an old web server die and migrated to the new server (This was an
upcoming event, it just happened ahead of schedule and rather suddenly).

I transferred the data from the old server to a backup HD.  Then I put
the backup HD in the server and restored the web files and removed the
old backup HD.

Unfortunately another admin accidentally deleted an important
subdirectory inside the web files on the new server.  And the old backup
HD is here with me, offsite.

Does anyone know a good small distro I could boot off a floppy or CD
(preferably CD, floppies are passé) and that will let me mount the old
HD and ftp the files to the new server?

- James