[Techtalk] 2 network cards

jennyw jennyw at dangerousideas.com
Wed Nov 28 09:27:15 EST 2001

Disclaimer: I'm no expert on this ... I've done this on a non-Linux system
before so I know some OS independent basics; the rest of the knowledge here
is just from poking around the Web.

There's a program called changemac that will let you change your MAC
address. There may be other ways of doing this, too.

There's a Web page on channel bonding using RedHat:
http://www.lsc-group.phys.uwm.edu/beowulf/medusa/tree/maint/channelbonding.h
tml

Beowulf also has channel bonding:
http://beowulf-underground.org/doc_project/BIAA-HOWTO/Beowulf-Installation-a
nd-Administration-HOWTO-12.html

One gotcha: Some switches support only one port per MAC address (this was a
problem for us with old 3Com switches, although newer switches don't have
this problem). Here's a reference with more info and some a recommendation:

http://linux.uky.edu/pipermail/uklug-linux/2001-March/000043.html

Jen