[Techtalk] setting up ADSL

jenn at simegen.com jenn at simegen.com
Mon Nov 26 10:10:47 EST 2001

Jo Mann wrote:

> I have a Windows box set up using VPN and in order to connect I am
> required to fill in a VPN server address (10.0.0.138 pc1).
>
> How do I set this up within Linux on my Suse box. i.e  What is VPN
> within Linux and how do I set this up??

Is the Linux box your gateway?

If so, you're going to need iptables or ipchains. My local guru says
iptables is preferable.

If not, I believe you can simply tell the Linux box that its address
is 10.0.0.whatever, or whatever IP address you want it to have. And
give it the IP-forwarding gateway as its gateway address.

If you need more detail, ask.

Jenn V.

jenn at simegen.com     Jenn Vesperman     http://www.simegen.com/~jenn/