[Techtalk] StarOffice6 and Word Perfect

Conor Daly conor.daly at oceanfree.net
Sat Nov 24 10:26:08 EST 2001

I posted this question to another list and got the following answer...

----- Forwarded message from Caolan McNamara <caolan at csn.ul.ie> -----

Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 11:58:50 +0000
To: "Glenda R. Snodgrass" <grs at theneteffect.com>
Subject: Re: [ILUG] [Techtalk] StarOffice6 and Word Perfect
From: caolan at csn.ul.ie (Caolan McNamara)

On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 01:42:35PM -0600, Glenda R. Snodgrass wrote:
> Has anyone managed to get the Word Perfect filters working in StarOffice6?
> ... the basic StarOffice6 installation doesn't include import filters
> for WP.  The Help entry on installing add'l text import filters
> doesn't actually match the screen in the setup program (I can only
> find the graphics filters, not text).

In custom install choose "StarOffice Program Modules" not "Optional
Components", and go to "StarOffice Writer" -> "Optional Text Filters",
and select Claris Word Perfect Import. Though it is possible my dialogs
differ from yours because I am probably using a different pre version.

C.
Caolan McNamara               |  caolan at skynet.ie
http://www.skynet.ie/~caolan  |  +353 86 8161184
Rank does not intimidate hardware