[Techtalk] Suggestions for Web log analyzers?

Charlotte Oliver charlotte.oliver at rcn.com
Mon Nov 19 17:38:13 EST 2001

On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 09:39:24AM -0800, jennyw wrote:
> Just wondering if there are any Web log analyzers out there that people can
> suggest. I've used Webalizer and am currently installing MagicStats. Are
> there others out there?
>
> The data I'm mostly trying to get at is how many unique visitors on my sites
> per day/week/month, how many pages they're viewing, and if they found the
> site on a search engine.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jen

I use awstats, which I got off of freshmeat.  If you'd like to see the output,
it's up at http://www.nevvers.net/cgi-bin/awstats.pl .
It was fairly simple to install ( I mean, wow, even *I* managed it) and I've
been pleased.  It doesn't quite do all that you requested, but it's a thought if
you don't find anything else that works.

Regards,
Charlotte