[Techtalk] problems configuring apache virtual hosts

Mary Gardiner linuxchix at puzzling.org
Wed Nov 14 12:26:22 EST 2001

On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 06:56:33PM -0500, David Merrill wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 06:41:43PM -0500, Amanda C. Clift wrote:
> > cool, thanks!
> >   I don't have access to the DNS stuff, sucks being a peon sometimes.
> > At least I know I did it right!
>
> That's a bit premature. You *still* might have it wrong since it
> hasn't been tested yet. :-(
>
> Sorry to rain on your parade.

There are several ways to try and test it though.

THe best I can think of is to get a second Linux box, if you can, on the
network, and edit its /etc/hosts file to contain the addresses and IPs
you want to test. "man hosts" should give you the format of this file.

Then, use that box to try and look at the websites.

-Mary.

--
Mary Gardiner
<mary at puzzling.org>