[Techtalk] unresolved symbol?

Rachel Andrew lists at rachelandrew.co.uk
Mon Nov 12 10:46:48 EST 2001

Hi

I still have an unresolved problem with XFree86.

If I try to startx using XF86Config-4 it gets to the point of adding mouse
drivers and then crashes with a Signal 11 error. There are no other errors
apart from something to do with APM and it crashes while loading
peripherals in KDE2.2

I can startx (actually start KDE2.2) using the old XF86Config file but the
display is strange (funny lines across it) on going back to the shell I get
this error:

Symbol xf86InterpretEDID from module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libvbe.a is
unresolved

I have searched on Google but as yet haven't found a way to fix this error,
if anyone has any ideas that would be great =)

This is an install of Debian (Woody) with KDE2.2 packages from unstable on
an old Compaq Deskpro 2000 P133, I use the vesa driver.

Rachel