[Techtalk] Red Hat/Windowmaker woes

Rob Stevens linuxgawd at home.com
Tue Nov 6 20:07:02 EST 2001

"I followed through with the installation instructions and spent several
hours pondering over various FAQs, but no matter what I do, I cannot get
WindowMaker to load as the default session, or indeed as any session at all.
.xinitrc tells me that wmaker should be the manager it loads, but the login
screen only gives me an option for Gnome."

Patty,
To switch default windown manager's; start your default (GNOME?) and open a
terminal window.  In the terminal window type switchdesk.