[Techtalk] emacs

Raven Brooke rbrooke at maine.rr.com
Mon Nov 5 03:08:07 EST 2001

Now this is interesting. It turned out that I did have a .Xclients file in
my home directory, created by switchdesktop (when I was unable to launch
KDE). I removed that, I added the xrdb command to /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc,
then to /etc/X11/xinit/Xclients. None of these changed the situation: I
still have to explicitly run xrdb each time I startx in order to have my
.Xresources file read. There was already a line in xinitrc

userresources=$HOME/.Xresources

which I would guess is _supposed_ to be telling X to read my .Xresourses.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Raven