[Techtalk] emacs

Cliff Crawford cjc26 at cornell.edu
Thu Nov 1 09:20:20 EST 2001

On Thu, Nov 01, 2001 at 08:06:59AM -0500, Raven Brooke wrote:

> Here's an easy one: anyone know where emacs keeps its *.el files? I would
> like to add code for a mode, but I can't seem to find the directory where
> the modes are stored . . .

You could do

find /usr -name "*.el"

to find them, although that will be a little slow..:)

On my system, they are under /usr/X11R6/lib/xemacs-21.1.12/lisp,
although it's probably different for you if you're just using plain
emacs.

--
Cliff Crawford                  ::                cjc26 at cornell dot edu
"Along the way of life, someone must have sense enough and morality enough