[techtalk] mod_virgule compile problem

David Merrill david at lupercalia.net
Thu May 31 21:16:47 EST 2001

On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 08:05:27PM -0500, Daniel Manrique wrote:

> > I *do* have the kernel headers installed. Installed by rpm, to
> > /usr/src/linux-2.2.19/ - not /usr/src/linux. Looks like that is the
> > problem, then.
> >
> > Any problem creating a symlink as /usr/src/linux/?
>
> no, that's how it's usually done.

Got it solved, but I didn't create the symlink from linux to
linux-2.2.19. Instead, I created:

ln -s asm-i386 asm

in /usr/src/linux

That seemed less intrusive than deleting the entire directory.
Thanks for your help; the compile runs fine.

Now, however, I'm getting an error from the linker. :-/

Linux Documentation Project                   david at lupercalia.net

panic: kernel trap (ignored)