[techtalk] Opinion needed on Mail Clients

Martin.Caitlyn at epamail.epa.gov Martin.Caitlyn at epamail.epa.gov
Thu May 31 15:54:02 EST 2001

Hi, Michelle,

I'll second the recommendation for evolution.  I'm a kmail user at home,
and I prefer either a KDE or icewm (no Gnome or KDE) environment, but if I
had to choose a Gnome client, I'd have to say evolution at this point.

Right now two to avoid are mahogany and sylpheed.  Both have bugs and/or
majorly incomplete pieces.  Personally, if sylpheed gets finished, it
should make a very nice lightweight mail client.

Oh, and what's wrong with Netscape, other than a few crashes and freeze
ups?  :)

Regards,
Caity

Caitlyn M. Martin             martin.caitlyn at epa.gov
Systems Analyst              (919) 541-4441
Lockheed Martin
(a contractor for the US EPA)