[techtalk] Delurk/Getting started

Conor Daly conor.daly at oceanfree.net
Sat May 26 00:34:09 EST 2001

On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 05:21:46AM -0400 or so it is rumoured hereabouts,
Ruhiel thought:

> Thank you again for the info :) We actually have bits and pieces for a
> linux box, but I think i'd rather run it from this machine. It saves
> desk space. :) I did find a handy page:
> http://enterprise.powerup.com.au/~squadron/

Won't be long before you put those bits together to run a full-time linux
box.  At that point, a couple of network cards and a KVM (Keyboard, Video,
Mouse) switch gets handy.  At this stage, I have 4 boxes, all running
linix (one of them dual boots though rarely now), a hub, one keyboard, one
mouse, one monitor and a 4-port KVM switch.  The whole rig, including the
printer and scanner fits into two PC desks.

Conor

Domestic Sysadmin :-)
Faenor.cod.ie
 12:28am  up 6 days, 12:36,  0 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
Hobbiton.cod.ie
 12:30am  up 5 days, 13:31,  2 users,  load average: 0.01, 0.06, 0.03