[techtalk] Re: rpms r bad? (was Linux-Mandrake)

Mandi mandi at linuxchick.org
Fri May 25 18:07:25 EST 2001

While we're on the subject, and since you mention deploying software to N
boxen on a network, I have a question.

Does anyone have any insight in taking an rpm, modifying a couple files,
and repackaging the rpm?  I've been reading the rpm man page as I get
time, but it's huge, and I'm not interested in rebuilding rpms from
source, i'd just like to incorporate our site-specific configurations for
stuff like yp, printers, fonts, etc when i install a new host....

Has anyone done anything like that with rpm before?

thanks

--mandi