[techtalk] Re: rpms r not-so-good.

Walt pippin at fred.net
Fri May 25 12:48:24 EST 2001

Raven quoth (sorry :-):
>     Apt-get will update a package's dependencies intelligently.  So if
>you need a bunch of new crypt libraries with your SSH or SSL, apt get
>will tell you that, and often get them for you.

Sounds like apt-get has RPM's basic functionality
combined with some of the neat features from
Ximian's Red-Carpet...

Thank you, I had wondered about the compiling vs.
RPMS thing for some time and it seems that a lot
(/. as well as people on here) of folks prefer apt-
get to rpm so I figured there must be reasons.

Still... not sure if that's enough to make me
switch to Debian on my next install or not. :-)

Walt

-~

     The unfortunate thing about this world is that good habits are
     so much easier to give up than bad habits.
                         Somerset Maugham