[techtalk] hdparm and DMA "not permitted"

Martin.Caitlyn at epamail.epa.gov Martin.Caitlyn at epamail.epa.gov
Thu May 24 12:28:10 EST 2001

Conor wrote:

> Sure thing, glad to help.  Now I just gotta go install 2.4 in place of
the
> 2.2.16 that's currently running.  RH7.1 time?

RH 7.1 is pretty nice, but IMHO, Mandrake 8.0 is even nicer:  better
configuration/admin tools, many more apps, better security by default
(Bastille Linux part of the install).  I use Red Hat 7.1 because that is
what is mandated here at work, but I'll be switching to Mandrake 8.0
eventually at home, probably as soon as I get my RHCE.  Our government
looks at certifications as important, and that's who I (indirectly, as a
contractor) work for.

Regards,
Cait

Caitlyn M. Martin             martin.caitlyn at epa.gov
Systems Analyst              (919) 541-4441
Lockheed Martin
(a contractor for the US EPA)