[techtalk] oracle to mysql

Paul Hardacre paul.hardacre at btinternet.com
Wed May 23 21:11:22 EST 2001

From: "Nancy Corbett" <nancy at netleaf.com>
To: "Linuxchix" <techtalk at linuxchix.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2001 8:02 PM
Subject: [techtalk] oracle to mysql

> Hello all!
>
> I have a pile of .sql scripts written to drop and then create tables in
> oracle.  I have to convert them to mysql.  I'm finding that the syntax is
> just different enough that I keep hitting snags.  I have the greatest book
> for learning mysql...MySql by Paul DuBois, but I am wondering if anyone
> knows of a down and dirty reference on the web which could help me out.

I use MySQL a lot at work.. I have the O'Reilly MySQL and mSQL book which is
really good.. I also use the mysql website a bit.

There's a by chapter index of the manual here:
http://www.mysql.com/documentation/mysql/bychapter/
And a searchable version with user comments here: http://www.mysql.com/doc/

> Any help you could pass my way is greatly appreciated!!

Hope those are of use to you..

Paul
( Humbly apologising for posting from outlook express, but I'm ssh'd into a
linux box :) )