[techtalk] PWM grouping windows

ktb ktb at nixnotes.org
Sun May 20 21:58:15 EST 2001

On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 08:13:56AM +1000, Mary Gardiner wrote:
> On Sun, May 20, 2001 at 01:50:28PM -0500, ktb wrote:
> > Someone mentioned the window manager PWM the other day.  There is an
> > option in pwm.conf for grouping Netscape.  I was wondering if anyone has
> > gotten any other applications to group like xterm or gnome-terminal?
> > I've tried various instances of -
> >  winprop "Xterm.xterm" {
> >     frame 10
> >  }
> > but can't get any of them to work.
> > Thanks,
> > kent
>
> It was I who mentioned PWM but unfortunately I can't help you much with the
> configuration - I've only been using it for a few weeks.
>
> I tend not to do much configuration for my tools until I really need it :(

Not configure, how do you do it;)  I'm really glad you mentioned PWM, I
ditched window maker for it.  It's light and I love the way you can
group at least Netscape and xterm into one window and toggle between
them with keys.

I finally found this worked for xterm in my setup -
winprop "Xterm.term" {
     frame 1
}

Then start xterm with "-name term" all will be loaded into one frame.
kent

--
 From seeing and seeing the seeing has become so exhausted