[techtalk] IRC security with Linux

Joseph Barney jbarneyut at yahoo.com
Sun May 20 16:16:45 EST 2001

This is such a newbie question but here goes.  Someone
in the IRC channel #linuxhelp on undernet told me
about a patch  I should get for IRC security (kernek
patch) and I'm wondering which kernel needs to be
upgraded for that.  The server is running Caldera 2.4
and kernel 2.2.14.  The client is running Mandrake 8
with the 2.4.3-20mk kernel.  I've got rc.firewall
running on Caldera and the built in Bastille firewall
running on Mandrake.  Is it preventing me from
uploading via DCC in irc because I have two firewalls?
 I'm afraid of turning off my client firewall for fear
the firewall I set up on Caldera isn't very good.
Thanks!

Joe