[techtalk] Yet Another Installation Question

Julie jockgrrl at ix.netcom.com
Fri May 18 21:44:03 EST 2001

From: Wendy Galovich <wendy at scottishmusician.com>
> Hi Keith,
> If you have only one IDE connection to use, but want to have the
> two OSes installed on separate drives, you could try this: get one
> swappable drive rack and two trays to mount the hard drives in. Then you
> can swap them as often as you need to, with a minimum of fuss.

I've never had any trouble using two different drives for
two different OSes using LILO.  Right now I have Win98
on one drive and Linux on the second (and the other IDE
controller has both CD-ROM-like-things).

For the WinDoze entry I have it boot to /dev/hda1 (I think
that's right) andfor Linux it boots to /dev/hdb3.  No hay
problema.

-- Julie.