[techtalk] window manager preference?

Curious curious at curious.org
Fri May 18 15:55:23 EST 2001

My choice is definatly icewm.. I discovered it while looking for lightweight WMs for my low end laptop.. It's very "windowsesq" though it can be themed diffrently.. the default keyboard shortcuts borrow from windows and solaris (ie. alt-tab windows.. and alt-f10 to maximize windows (solaris)).. it's fairly lightweight.. very easy to configure (if your not comfortable with editing textfiles there are gui's like icepref and such)... it has builtin cpuload and network load graphs, mail notifyer and apm indicator.. it can be compiled "lite"  without the icewm-taskbar for use with gnome or kde or just superlite wm...

eep.. being summoned.. just my choice.. fun fun fun,
Curious