[techtalk] Yet Another Installation Question

wny-tc at juno.com wny-tc at juno.com
Fri May 18 16:51:13 EST 2001

Hi again, Keith here in the Depths of the Great Bergen Swamp

Working on the basis that there really aren't any stupid questions, here
I go again...

>From the earlier queries on installing my copy of Caldera Open Linux
eDesktop 2.4, putting the whole package on a separate drive seems the way
to go.  One drive for Window$98 and one for Linux.

I have been cautioned to back up all of my data just in case, but why
could I not unplug the IDE cable to the Win98 HD and do the install on
the Linux HD?  Would I be opening a can of worms when I plug the cable
back into the Win98 drive?

One way or the other, I really want to get this package installed so my
little brother (who gave it to me) will get off my case...

Oh yeah, he's 30 and is complaining about getting "old".  I just laugh at
him from the rarefied heights of AARP membership!

73, Wm. Keith Hibbert, WB2VUO, Technical  Coordinator, WNY Section, ARRL
ARRL Life Member, President/Brockport Amateur Radio Klub
Ph - 716.494.1239
mailto:wb2vuo at arrl.net
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.