[techtalk] Internet Connection Sharing

Julie jockgrrl at ix.netcom.com
Thu May 17 22:11:58 EST 2001

From: coldfire <rolick571 at duq.edu>
> well, i particularly enjoy networking stuff ... so if you need any help,
> feel free to post and i'd love to help out as i'm sure others would too :)
> quick question .. are you using ipfwadm, ipchains, or iptables?

... and speaking of internet stuff, I just signed up for Roadrunner
and it will be a week or three before I have a Linux machine that
I'm able to use as a firewall.

Is there any hope for running a Windows 98 machine connected
to the Internet with file sharing enabled and =not= get hacked in
the first hour I'm connected?!?  The machine I was supposed to
be getting in to run all this stuff isn't going to be ready until next
week, so this machine needs to stay running Windows until then.

-- Julie.