[techtalk] Layman's Guides to Computer Security

Conor Daly conor.daly at oceanfree.net
Tue May 15 23:26:37 EST 2001

On Mon, May 14, 2001 at 02:38:35PM -0500 or so it is rumoured hereabouts,
Samuel Tesla thought:

> On Mon, 14 May 2001, Brian Sweeney wrote:
>
> > I read a really good book a while back called "Physics for the Rest of
> > Us"(HIGHLY recommended for those curious about modern physics) Good way to
> > say newbie without saying "dummie", I thought.
> >

> One of the books I like to recommend when it comes to describing physics to a
> layman is "The Dancing Wu Li Masters."  Spectacular description of particle
> physics...and done in a way that most everybody can grok it.
>
> "The Elegant Universe" is another really good one...that's about super-string
> theory.

I've always enjoyed Issac Asimov's Science for the layman type books /
articles.  They won't be quite up to date since he's dead now (Boo Hoo!)
but good and non techie enough for all.

Conor (Who recently got a present of "Issac Asimov's guide to the Bible")

Domestic Sysadmin :-)
Faenor.cod.ie
 11:17pm  up 15 days,  2:08,  0 users,  load average: 0.16, 0.03, 0.01
Hobbiton.cod.ie
 11:24pm  up 15 days,  2:16,  1 user,  load average: 0.08, 0.03, 0.01