[techtalk] Layman's Guides to Computer Security

jenn at simegen.com jenn at simegen.com
Tue May 15 18:36:13 EST 2001

And James Sutherland said:
> "Basics of ..." or "... for beginners" sounds good; depending on the
> subject, your readers may be new to THIS subject, but very far from being
> laymen. Unless it starts with a chapter on how to use the foot pedal that
> comes with your new PC, it's not really just for laymen :-)

Hrm. Very good points - I guess that while they're mostly
aimed at laymen, there's stuff there that might be new even
to experienced sysadmins.

I'll probably rename them to beginner's or basic guides.

Thank you all.

And back to Raven:
> =====
> "So what sort of presentation software are you using?"
> "Ummm, vi."
> "Oh.  Is there a conversion program for that?  I can't read
>  these files in NT.  Maybe you should use Windows."
>  -- a recent conversation with our new technical management

Heh. Ignorance, hmm?

Jenn V.

jenn at simegen.com     Jenn Vesperman     http://www.simegen.com/~jenn/