[techtalk] Eric Raymond, MS security, and open source..

Kai MacTane kmactane at GothPunk.com
Mon May 14 18:11:20 EST 2001

At 5/14/01 05:52 PM , clburke at fscinternet.com wrote:

>I can't find any references online currently to the MS IIS backdoor ESR
>refers to.  Have any of you heard of the backdoor, or seen security or
>press coverage of it?  It's not on buqtraq or securityfocus or slashdot
>or... yet.

It is on Slashdot, under the headline "Microsoft Admits To Backdoor In IIS
[updated]". Article at http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/05/14/1858201,
which includes a link to the Yahoo! News article that's also referenced by
ESR's message:

That's the same URL the Slashdot story links to.

                                                 --Kai MacTane