[techtalk] Stupid Question: Troll?

Kriselda Jarnsaxa linux at netpagans.com
Sun May 13 23:56:25 EST 2001

> OK.  I never claimed to be a computer "expert", but "trolls" live under
> bridges in my vocabulary (in childrens books mostly) or I "troll" from
> the back of the boat with suitable tackle and bait...

In this usage, it's essentially the same as trolling from the back of the
boat, except statements, questions, arguments and accusations are the bait,
and the "regular" list members are the fish. The basic idea is to appear to
be a new member of the list with a genuine question, stir up trouble by
getting other members "hooked" into an argument with you, and generally end
up moving on to another group....

Hope that helps....

Kriselda