[techtalk] "Developing not Fixing"

Michelle Murrain mpm at norwottuck.com
Sun May 13 22:15:41 EST 2001

Linda's comment about how she wanted to "develop not fixing the operating
system" reminded me of this joke about if OSes were airlines. I'll quote the
relevant passages:

WINDOWS '95 AIRLINES
The terminal is very neat and clean, the attendants are all very attractive
and the pilots very capable. The fleet is immense. After your plane arrives
6 months late, you begin to wonder why it has not arrived yet. Your jet
takes off without a hitch, pushing above the clouds, and at 20,000 feet it
crashes without warning.

UNIX EXPRESS
Each passenger brings a piece of the airplane and a box of tools to the
airport. They gather on the tarmac, arguing constantly about what kind  of
plane they want to build and how to put it together. Eventually, they  build
several different aircraft, but give them all the same name. Some passengers
actually reach their destinations. All passengers believe they got there.

Michelle
--
Michelle Murrain, Ph.D.
mpm at norwottuck.com