[techtalk] Fwd: Question re: Firewalls

Harry Hoffman hhoffman at sammytemple.org
Sun May 13 11:18:11 EST 2001

Hey All,
  I highly recommend using OpenBSD as your firewall. The current version
is 2.8 with 2.9 slated to come out in June(?). Anyway, it has never had a
remote root exploit, was build and auditied with security in mind, doesn't
take much to run on and ipf (the firewall utility) allows for stateful
firewalling which should be really important to most people.
Regards,
Harry