[techtalk] Re: techtalk digest, Vol 1 #449 - 9 msgs

Mary Gardiner linuxchix at puzzling.org
Sun May 13 09:24:04 EST 2001

On Sun, May 13, 2001 at 01:46:45AM +1000, jenn at simegen.com wrote:
> Take one screwdriver.
> Take one computer.
> Discover that your screwdriver is the wrong type.
> Get another screwdriver.
> Discover that it's the wrong type too.
> Look for the right screwdriver.
> Remember that you lent that one to your brother, before he went on his road
> trip to Mexico.
> Consider going to the hardware store.
> Go to the bar instead. Buy a screwdriver.

I moved into a house with four other geeks and none of us ever have the right
screwdriver.

That's incredible Jenn. There's an implicit implication that you have the
right screws there, or that you haven't 'borrowed' screws from all the hard
drives and ethernet cards to build a second machine and that's pretty damn
unusual, where I live.

Mary.

--
Mary Gardiner