[techtalk] Re: techtalk digest, Vol 1 #449 - 9 msgs

jenn at simegen.com jenn at simegen.com
Sun May 13 01:46:45 EST 2001

Mary Gardiner wrote:

> Yes, having admitted to said eviilll knowledge Jenn, I'm afraid you must now
> brain-dump all your knowledge of:

Oh, I'm soooooooooooooo evil!

> 1) Hardware access exploits (how exactly do you remove a hard drive and gain
> access to its data, how to encrypt one, how to lock a machine up).

Take one screwdriver.
Take one computer.
Discover that your screwdriver is the wrong type.
Get another screwdriver.
Discover that it's the wrong type too.
Look for the right screwdriver.
Remember that you lent that one to your brother, before he went on his road
trip to Mexico.
Consider going to the hardware store.
Go to the bar instead. Buy a screwdriver.

> 2) Social engineering attacks (how to get others to tell you their password and
> how to hypnotise your users never to do so).

Go to the bar.
Buy your target sufficient screwdrivers to
		- spill the beans
or 		- forget their password
depending on personal preference.

> 3) Lilo configuration

Set up tent.
Get air pump.
Blow up lie-low.
Put sheets and pillow on lie-low.
Put blanket on lie-low.
Sleep comfortably while camping.

> 4) Security holes (including detailed information on our old friend, the buffer
> overrun, and our new friend, the printf exploit. Please include details of
> every known exploit that affects any Linux system still available on the shelf).

... do we want me to continue? :)

Jenn V.

jenn at simegen.com     Jenn Vesperman     http://www.simegen.com/~jenn/