[techtalk] Re; biscuit jack

Lothan lothan at newsguy.com
Sun May 6 17:33:16 EST 2001

I just wanna know which marketeer came up with the nondescript term "biscuit
jack" for a simple surface-mount phone jack. It doesn't look anything like a
biscuit to me. Sounds rather similar to those "neoprene high energy impact
devices" the US military purchased for a grand each instead of going to the
local hardware store and purchasing a garden variety hammer for five bucks.
:-)