[techtalk] Windows ME question

Kriselda Jarnsaxa thorswitch at kc.rr.com
Wed May 2 14:32:29 EST 2001

(Are we allowed to ask questions about Windows?  *g*)

My network connection is acting up pretty funny under Windows.  I can get my e-mail with no trouble, but can't connect to any websites.  I also have a little "news alert" thingy that can access info on the web with no problem, but my little "weatherbug" thingy can't access it all.

Under Linux, I don't have the news or weather thingies, so I don't know how those would act, but I have no problem at all accessing anything I want to on the web.  SInce both Windows and Linux are on the same box and using the same connections, I'm figuring the problem is in Windows.  I've checked all my network settings and my internet connection sharing, and all look to be right, but not everything will access the net....

Thanks for any ideas!

P.S. - This should be the last question for a while... I hope I'm not overwhelming everyone.... it's just been a while since I ran into a group of people who know more aobut tech stuff than I do (which is really scary if you stop to think about it)

Kriselda