[techtalk] Re: Write down while you are modifying the system... (was: [techtalk] New here)

Mary Gardiner linuxchix at puzzling.org
Tue May 1 08:53:45 EST 2001

On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 11:10:42AM -0400, Laurel Fan wrote:
> Excerpts from linuxchix: 30-Apr-101 Re: [techtalk] Re: Write do.. by
> Mary Gardiner at puzzling.o
> > X outside project (say an open source project) has a cvs tree. I
> > want to be able to import their CVS tree, whilst at the same time
> > maintaining my own tree, probably minor, of changes, and resyncing
> > every so often.
>
> I'm assuming you don't want to commit to their tree.  If you do, it
> would be easier to use branching within their repository.

Thanks Laurel.

I guess I would want to commit eventually, but I'm thinking this for either private
modifications that aren't either bugfixes or most peoples desired fixes, or for
'playing' with a project. Or for a project that doesn't necessarily give write
access to their repository easily.

Mary.

--
Mary Gardiner