[techtalk] Dual boot machine

Mary Gardiner mary at puzzling.org
Wed Mar 21 18:17:58 EST 2001

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 09:43:57PM -0600, Vinnie wrote:
> > I think you need the Loadlin+Win95/98/ME mini-HOWTO, which is at
> > http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/Loadlin+Win95-98-ME.html also.
>
> ick. loadlin :) (yeah, that's just personal prejudice, I know..but I don't
> like loadlin at all, I havne't met anything I can't do with lilo, yet)

Last time I used loadlin (happens after a Windows reinstall, because
Windows rewrites the MBR) it is as much trouble as dual booting, since
you have to boot the machine into MS-DOS to run it, deal with not having
Tab complete, and then wait for it to reboot into Linux.

Lilo is actually one less boot. Unless I had an old versin of loadlin.
The graphical loadlin wrapper Winux used to be OK, but the site has gone
down.

Mary.

--
Mary Gardiner