[techtalk] problems with disk IBM 73 Gb

ktb x.y.f at home.com
Mon Mar 19 01:00:42 EST 2001

On Sun, Mar 18, 2001 at 01:32:58PM +0200, Helen Katz wrote:
> Hi,
> We have 14 machines which have this huge disk.
> We are running Linux RH 6.1 with Kernel 2.2.14 .
> Some of the machines are giving I/O error even on the
> system partition , like /sbin or /etc and
> the disk is sometime noisy .
> I wander if other users of this kind of disk are having
> similar problems.
> Thank you,

I've never dealt with disks even half as large.  I will be more
curious that helpful here I'm sure but -
Could you post the actual error messages your are getting and where the
errors are being written to?  Also this 'noise,' what kind of noise?
Describe it more.  When does it happen, any particular time?
kent

--
 From seeing and seeing the seeing has become so exhausted