[techtalk] Debian.. and now X

Rachel Andrew lists at rachelandrew.co.uk
Mon Mar 12 23:33:53 EST 2001

Hi

thanks to being pointed in the right direction here, I did lots of reading
and now have x and KDE running on my debian install.

One teeny problem is that I cant get this monitor to run at anything more
than 640x480 despite it being able to do up to 1024x768, i'd like it at
800x600 but everything I try it just won't start the x server

Any pointers? I've always used redhat and it probed the card and always got
the res right so I dont really know what settings it should be at.

Rachel Andrew
http://www.rachelandrew.co.uk
i know there is strength in the differences between us and i know there is
comfort where we overlap - ani difranco