[techtalk] mozilla problems

Mary Gardiner mary at puzzling.org
Sun Mar 11 08:23:24 EST 2001

On Sat, Mar 10, 2001 at 12:51:02PM -0500, Anthony Russello wrote:

> Does anyone here know if mozilla is capable of viewing secure 128 bit
> encrypted sites?
>
> I've been trying to use it to view certain sites, and I just get an error
> statng that the connection was refused.  Meanwhile, I can view those sites
> in Netscape (blah).

If you mean https, I thought that mozilla could view them now. It was
only put in the main tree after the patent on RSA encryption expired in
the US last year.

M18 (which is the Debian package, I have no idea about others) is too
old. I know that Mozilla 0.8 (the latest release) has https support, I'm
not sure about 0.7

Mary.

--
Mary Gardiner